Hello, friends! I am back for the Autumn 2020 edition of the podcast today. I thought you might enjoy this opportunity to disconnect for an hour…
I usually edit some of the chitchat out, but I felt like we might all neeed a more laid-back episode, so the introduction is slightly longer than usual. As you can find the timestamps for each segment below, feel free to jump straight to the sewing and knitting content if you prefer!
Apologies for the slightly hoarse voice – I had already been talking nonstop for 2 hours for work…
As usual, pictures of the finished projects are shown on my Instagram feed.
1. MY CUP OF TEA (08:55)
Le Palais des Thés – Infusion Jardin des Reines
2. A HANDMADE WARDROBE (11:10)
- Cleo Dress and Agnes Top by Tilly and the Buttons.
- Love’s Promise cardigan by Agata Mackiewicz in Maison Corlène BFL-Gotland, in the ‘Saoirse’ shade.
3. A BIT OF SEWING (32:28)
- Lenox Dress by Little Lizard King. I forgot to specify that I used the size 5 for the width and 8 for the length. Fabric: One Apple a Day Corail by Lise Tailor.
- Matching scrunchie from the French tutorial by Joli Lab.
- Grand’Ourse jacket by Ikatee, size 9 years (bilingual pattern).
- Tokyo top by Atelier Scammit (bilingual pattern). I mention the tutorials in Les Ateliers de Rachel Lajoie’s Instagram stories.
- Ava Skirt by Sew Over It to go with my Pussy Bow Blouse by Sew Over It.
- Butterick 5792 in cotton lawn, printed in the UK and designed by Katie Green.
- Olivia Blouse kit by Joli Lab (another bilingual pattern).
- Bear by Amuru Toys for my friend Marie.
- Quilt out of Lise Tailor Grace cotton poplin.
- Elf costumes for my children using Simplicity 3680.
4. A BIT OF KNITTING (13:24)
- Luba headband by Le Nid de la Linotte out of De Rerul Natura Ulysse in Sauge and Quartz.
- Margot by Anna Dervout in a blend of non-superwash merino and silk hand-dyed by Yarn By Simone in the ‘Madame Rêve’ colorway.
- Biscuit DK socks, soon to be released as a free pattern, that I created as part of the #KALSocksInTheMug KAL happening in the French knitting community, led by Le Nid de la Linotte and Biroulegem.
I mention Hedgerow Yarns.
Thank you so much for watching!
Music credits: Frédéric Chopin, Berceuse in D-flat major, Op. 57, performed by Simone Renzi: https://musopen.org/music/85-berceuse-op-57/.